My morning started out rough. The little man was up a lot last night (dang teeth), and I really wasn’t ready to get up. I discovered I did not, in fact, have another box of diapers. I have procrastinated grocery shopping, so breakfast options were slim. I tripped on my way out the door and bruised my shin. It’s the last day of voting, and suddenly I’m slipping out of the top twenty. A hundred little things that set my teeth on edge and left me thinking, “Freaking Friday.” Because for some reason, all of my Fridays end up being completely chaotic and full of little annoyances.
Somewhere between home and work, my attitude shifted. I took a deep breath and listened to the happy chatter of my one year old in the back seat. I paused in my mental list of grumpiness and realized that the lake is absolutely beautiful today, and the sun is peaking through the clouds.
I decided to postpone the post I had in mind for today and instead take a minute to focus on the things I am thankful for today.
- I have family and friends that love me. They are always there for whatever I need, and I cannot thank them enough.
- My car works. Enough said.
- Sunshine. Just a little bit can really perk up a yucky day.
- I have a warm place to sleep tonight.
- There’s this really awesome kid in my life who never fails to make me smile. He’s freaking hilarious.
- Holidays are just around the corner, which means playing dominoes with the family, enjoying each other’s company, and eating. A lot.
- I am finally over the flu, and more importantly, J is finally over the flu.
- I do not own a goat, or any chickens. Trust me, I consider this a very good thing.
What is helping you get through your Freakin Friday?